Pictures

onsdag 9. februar 2011

Hospitals

What is there to say about hospitals? Little, yet much. They are a training ground, preparing you for the retirement home. All you do is sit on your bed and eat when they say so. I underwent surgery last Wednesday and was released from the hospital on Monday. That is only five days but they felt eternal. Wednesday was surgery day. I can not recall that I was scared or anything as I lay on the bed/table. They told me to breathe through a mask and I was out stone cold. Waking up was not as bad as I visioned it; there was no need to throw up and no head ache. The one thing I can compare it to was as I had been to the best party ever. The nurse gave me morphine as well, could not complain on the service. As I regained my awareness I noticed my chin, where I had the surgery done, was bandaged beyond belief. Still, there was more. The surgeon wanted me to have my big toes fixed as well. For a couple of days walking was a nightmare. Pain from the surgeries were not the worst. As things were not bad enough at the time, I found out that I was allergical to the tape that was used. The allergic reaction is still visible on my feet and it itches! Every day was like this: waken up at 6 am, breakfast at 8:30 am, lunch at 12:30, dinner at 16:30 and supper at 19:00. Between those hours I could only stay in bed and watch TV while being online on my iPod. I am so glad it is all over, good to have it done. To finish this up, let me post a picture of how my foot looks like and you will see where the tape has been, causing the reaction to my skin.











4 kommentarer:

  1. It is more or less the same, thank you. It is still hard to not scratch on the affected areas of the skin.

    SvarSlett
  2. I'm sorry to hear that. Did they at least give you any lotions or balms to soothe the itching?

    SvarSlett
  3. I have some lotion which at least keeps the itching away during the night.

    SvarSlett