Pictures

torsdag 8. juli 2010

Navi, thou hast returned.

That line is said by The Great Deku Tree aka Treebeard in the epic game Ocarina of Time. Yes, the term epic as kind of lost its value the last years but the game is in fact epic. I instantly thought of the possibility to play this game again when I heard that a Wii was taking place back home. A couple of days ago we noticed that we needed a classic controller to play OoT and the next day we noticed that we had to buy a memory card.

But today was the day! The first day in years I could say bad words inside of me when the game started. You see, although I love this game, the start annoys me. Minutes of reading and pressing the A-button. Boooring! That was forgotten the same moment the first notes of the Kokiri Forest theme could be heard. I have not played that much of it yet since I am watching Tour de France. The few minutes were just for testing and teasing myself a bit.

The game is like rereading your favourite book all over again. Eventhough you know what is coming, it does not matter. I can not wait to get out to Hyrule Field, the Castle, the dungeons, collecting weapons and items, skulltullas, you name it. Well, there is one thing I do not look forward to. That is the infamous Water Temple. Or you might say that I am looking forward to feel the nostalgic anger and sence of helplessness and fury.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar