Pictures

lørdag 12. mars 2011

Saturday, hey hey

As always on a Saturday morning, the first thought in my head was the lines from the Queen song Stone Cold Crazy. It is a tradition almost, just as laying in bed for several hours watching TV is. I do not know why but Saturdays are days where you do not do a thing. Get up late from bed, long shower, watch TV before shopping for groceries and then straight back to the TV. It might have been a different story today since pretty much every store in the city had a major sale. I have been there the previous times. This time nothing caught my eye in the paper. Even though it is kind of boring to do nothing and be by yourself, I find it quite relaxing. The football match has been the highlight of the day by far. Finding a good stream online to the game, nachos made before kick off and a cold beer was something I really needed.

The thing I have thought over and over today and yesterday is that I am really happy for living where I do. Reading and watching all the news from Japan is rather scary. The media of today brings all the catastrophes right into our livingrooms. Is that a good thing? I mean, pretend this was 70 years ago. A disaster like the one in Japan right now might have been in the news a month from now due to the lack of the Internet. Without any references to the country and topography I think people would have been less frightened. This brings me to another thing that puzzles my mind these days; political correctness. After a catastrophy a support group pops right up on Facebook. I am not saying that it is bad that people care, but it easier to click on "join group" just because you want to show that you are up to date on current events and forget about it. It takes less than a second to click on that button and forget about it. But hey, if I am wrong, I will admit it.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar