Pictures

torsdag 24. juni 2010

The sun is shining





...and the weather is sweet? Absolutely! This is the first day since I got back home I can truly say that the weather is resembling something like summer. The past days have been nothing but rain. This makes my job at the tourist office pretty, darn hard. People want to know what to do while it rains. My answer usually starts with "eeeeh" while thinking hard. We have a museum which is the thing to do. Other than that? Our selection of stores and shops is rather limited and they do close at four o'clock. Yes, that is 16.00 pm. The town is virtually dead after that.

Along with the rain comes clouds, you can not see the sky nor the sun. Which is an essential part of watching the midnight sun. Tourists are rather disappointed when I have to tell them that chances of seeing the sun at night are slim during the weather we have had the last two weeks. At least they will experience how bright it is during the night even when it is cloudy. And I can assure you, your sleeping pattern will be ruined. But hey, it is fun none the less.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar