Pictures

onsdag 30. juni 2010

It's such a perfect day . . .

. . . and right there stops the similarity with the song. Well, I could continue but I do not think I have multiple personalities. There is not a cloud on the sky at the moment. The sun is shining, the smell of the water from the ocean sneaks into my office. This is quite a good day to be at work on. I even have my door open, so I can hear everything from seagulls to cars driving by. The local ferry is having some maintenance done and that spoils the romantic picture of a small city in the northern parts of Norway. I wish it would leave soon, but it leaves at four o' clock. So in the meantime, the boat is partly blocking the view. The boat engine is blocking out the annoying sound my printer is making, that kind of cheers me up, too. Another thing that cheers me up right now is in fact the tourists that stop by. Every person has been very nice and polite so far. Maybe it is the weather? They finally see the sun and have the chance to actually see the sun tonight. And when the tourists are happy, I am happy. My wish for today is to have more people stopping by to ask me something. My skills as a helping hand for the tourists increase every day and I want to use them. The job also forces me to use my vocal English skills. I am afraid I have been neglecting them the last couple of years so it is good to use my vocabulary again.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar