Pictures

søndag 27. juni 2010

thoughts on the World Cup

It has been four years since the last time, in Germany. Finally, we football nerds (yes football), can sit inside for several weeks and feel good about it. The World Cup in itself is a competition for you as well, trying to see as much football as possible regardless of what teams are playing. Now, my mind is not in some sleep mode while watching the games, I do have some thoughts lurking and these are some of them:

1) Bzzzz! That is right, the unforgivable vuvuzela. We had a little taste of it last year during the Confederations Cup but did we expect it to be this annoying? Probably not. Let me be the first in line to give the inventor a smack on the head because the world is better without, in my opinion. It does create atmosphere, just it is bad atmosphere. Through out this championship I have been thinking of Eddie Izzard and his "covered in bees-joke". It has now come to the point where I think I am immune, I laugh of dispare!

2) To be honest everything is sort of normal about the teams. France is out, no surprise there. England is still in it at this hour, but if they beat Germany they will lose on penalties for sure.

3) Jabulani, the ball. Adidas is the one to take the blame here. Why come up with a new type of ball that no one can benefit from? The goalkeepers hate it, ask Green. The strikers can not shoot with it.

4) Is the water inside the team bottles some sort of holy water? It is amazing to see water can cure when a player is injured. The medic staff pours water where it hurts and suddenly the player is fit to continue. I want to know where I can buy that type of water.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar